The end of life as we know it...the beginning of family fun!

The end of life as we know it...the beginning of family fun!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Time to announce it.........

Well, it's about time for my 6 month update!!!  Sheesh! We are having our first Baby!!!! WE are both SOOOOO excited. We found out we were pregnant over Thanksgiving break while we were home for the weekend. I thought I ought to get a test and see, so we stopped at Walmart Thanksgiving night. MISTAKE #1! Dan was so worried/curious he said I ought to TAKE THE TEST AT WALMART right then!  NO WAY! I would NOT find out my first pregnancy at WALMART!
So we drove back to my parents house. All the way from Spokane Valley to Hayden. I took the test and we both say the lines appear at the same time. We were shocked/excited/couldn't believe it...all in one. We just enjoyed knowing our little secret for the evening, after having been teased by family over dinner and through festivities that day. And the next day we told our parents and a couple close friends.
We held off the official announcement until the beginning of May just to be able to get in the groove of things at work and not to drag out the pregnancy too long with everyone knowing. It went well. I was hired at a call center that Dan worked at, and 2 months later, in January got a promotion to a supervisor. So we sort of held off for the work issue too. Trying to get a better position, you know.
So, in May, our insurance started, we had our first appointment, which was right around being 19-20 weeks along. We had been anxious to find out if it was a boy or a girl, but had to wait! So I assumed we could  have an ultrasound during our first appointment...I was mistaken. I forunately called to ask before we went in, and the receptionish said that our midwife could likely atke a look, but an actual ultrasound will be ordered and scheduled for a week or more after our first appointment. But she told me to ask the midwife really nice!
At that point Dan and I had sent out envelopes to our family to try and include them in the fun of our finding out the sex. Since we are in Boise, and our family is a day's drive away in several directions, we wanted to make it fun for them too. BUT WE MIGHT NOT AVTUALLY FIND OUT!!! Oh shoot.
Heather Clement helped me think of the idea to send two evelopes beforehand, so they are in opur families hands when we find out that Friday, then we just tell them which package to open. Much of the family recieved the packages on wednesday or thursday, and they were blowing up my phone tryig to figure out why we waited to announce we were having twins!!!  (they got two packages...and didn't know they were getting them, and the only indication on the packages were to wait to open till directed.)
This really got our family involved more than I had expected!! :)
Anyway, Our midwife took a look on the cruddy ultrasound machine in the room at the end of our visit. she put the gel on and touched my belly with the handle....and her pager went off. She had to step away a minute....it was SOOO hard not to grab it and look around a bit outselves! SHEESH! COME ON!  When she came back she said she had a patient that was just admitted and going into labor! CRAP! I want her to go help the lady actually having a baby, but this is our first baby!!! And our FIRST ultra sound....and you're gonna rush it???
Well she was there for about 3-4 minutes, and we were able to see a top down view of our little one. All we could distinguish were three lines. She said she thinks it's a girl! ................................................................... ............................................................. dang. Dan and I both had counted on a boy. Not that we do not want girls, we do want at least one girl, but first. It just didn't seam right. Nah, a girl....hmmmmm. Darn. Ok.

Well we had to go across the street to finish some blood work cause I was getting quite light headed...it's a girl, come on....I gotta swallow pink now! Anyway, so we began thinking of girl names. I didn't wantto but Dan just kept mentioning name after name. We had already been calling our littly one a boy name, but we'd just save it for our boy later. 
Well we called the family and told them which package to open. They were all so excited for us, and Dan's mom, Diane...she was right. She guessed a girl all along since the day we told her we were pregnant.
The next weekend my Mom drove down to Boise, I joined her and went to Salt Lake. We spent the night there, hanging out with Heather and Daniel's family and MiMi's family. Then we headed out the next morning...just the girls, to get out of town for a few days to go to Mesquite NV for Sabra, my cousin's baby shower.
Her family/sisters put together a great shower for her! 6 of the 7 sisters have or are having babies within a year of each other! It was pretty fun to see them all and catch up a bit!
Travis and Stacey's family drove up for the shower as well, and stayed the night at our hotel too! So we got to catch up with them a while also! It was great to get out of town, and visit with family.
The next morning we all went over to my grandparents house in Bunkerville to check it out. My mom gave us the grand tour and we got to hear some fun storues about the house where she grew up. Travis and MiMi
had a few stories of their own too.
My mom stayed with Travis for a few extra days, so MiMi and I drove back to Salt Lake, and I continued on to Boise the same night. It was a long day, but a great trip. I got back and crashed for the night, to get up early for our first ULTRASOUND appointment!
Dan and I went in that morning still holding onto the chance that we might actually be having a boy. We told the technician that we had taken a quick look ten days before, but ...she stopped us and said don't tell me what you think....then I accidently slipped out a....she. The technichian looked at us, zoomed in the ultrasound picture, and we all know that those things DO NOT belong to a SHE!!!!!

HOLY CRAP IT IS A BOY!!!!!!

Dan jumped up out of his seat....Oh yeah!!! and danced around, and I had to lay there with goop on my belly! (It makes me smile remembering it right now!) Oh man we knew it all along!!!! YAY!!! Too bad my mom brought a bunch of girl things down for us the weekend before, and Stacey sent me home with a big box or girl clothes too!.....and our family had for sure, by now, thowm away the CORRECT envelope that they should have opened 10 days ago.

We are still greatful for our baby boy! He is due August 1st, 2013. He is growing well, moving lots, and fortunatly I have had a pretty easy go of it! I have not been sick once, but I have been queezy or nausious a few days, but no pukies! My belly is a pretty good size, I feel like it ought to be bigger going on 7 months here...but I am FINE with it staying small as long as possible! It'll be bigger one day, and I'll be greatful that big held off till then.
My appetite has been normal up till now. I have actually eatten more healthy, and we have been walking together several times a week. I have, just the past week or two, been wanting more fries and burgers, nothing out of the ordinary for me...yet. It's harder to breath, I sleep....well nap throughout the night, and late mornings till 10am. I work noon till 8:30, and 25 of those 40 hours i sit at my computer. Life is great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment